Hello my beautiful reader’s. I hope this finds y’all with a smile on your face! I had been blogging in all capital letters because that’s how I emailed my Grandfather every day, as well as he told me there is less room for error. I thought it was kind of clever, however, my Dad has told me that I will never get a job writing the way that I write. The first thing that I defensively think is: (in my head of course) I know how to write correctly. I just don’t feel necessary to write a first, second, and final draft over an email that says, “dad, can you pls look over this resume for me, i need serious help b/c the ppl at school probably dont know what the hell their talkin bout when it comes to getting a real job hahahahahahahaha.” Then you start to think about it more, and I think he got into my head. If I don’t practice these good writing and typing habits now, when am I going to practice them? Of course, I know how I should type, but I need to practice with the capital letters, punctuation when appropriate, and of course spell check. (since the first grade I have never been able to spell. I argued with Mrs. Moorehead because I thought “cat “(the animal) should be spelled “kat” due to the fact that Kit Kat bar is spelled with K.) None the less, I am now going to try and do a better job at my writing, word usage, and spelling. No promises though. You know what was really funny? When my Dad told me word for word, “Also you need to start using spel check, their is no way chance of you getting a job writing this way.” (No comma after also, spell is missing an l, and wrong form of there.) The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, but I’m not complaining. I am unemployed, so he knows far more than I, in terms of getting a job.
In all honesty, if I had no help, and I was going to do it the "Shannon the cannon" way (which mind you, has NEVER failed) I would call the offices of some company in New York. I would ask them what the "big boss mans" favorite coffee is, I would ask what his favorite color was, and his favorite type of writing pen is. Then I would go to the store, buy paper of his favorite color, and buy his favorite pens. I would have my name and contact info printed all on the pens, I would have printed "Hire me, you won't regret it" in huge font on his favorite colored paper, with my resume printed on the back, and on the way to his office I would call his extention and tell him to put everything away the best thing that has ever happened to him is about to be there, and I would walk in with his coffee, paper, and pens, sit down and ask him how much I have to pay him to intern there. He will reject me, but every time he picks up a pen to work he will think of me, and 2 days later he will call me with some sort of "bitch work" for me to do. This is such a "shannon the cannon" mind set, but, I dont know, I think it could work. (This is where my quote comes in. "Shannon the Cannon" = my trademark)
Ok, I think you have heard enough explanation of why I am typing this way. Today is Friday! Let me remind y’all this could be my last practice. I am sad, and anxious, and trying to stop time, and feel angry kind of, and have a little bittersweet feeling. Not to mention…I don’t know what to wear for my potential last practice
My five mile run was so easy yesterday, but today I don’t feel like doing it. Not that I have anything else to do. This morning I woke up at seven, and Mom and I went grocery shopping. Shopping for nine people for a couple of days is a full time job. I dropped her off at work, came home, unloaded the food, and made a huge pasta salad for Saturday in between games. It had to be enough for My, me, mom, Mickae, Tove, and probably a friend of Tove’s. (They are coming to watch) I put pasta, cucumbers, peppers, feta cheese, pesto (my new addiction, I eat it on everything) cashews, corn, red beans, and sun dried tomatoes. This is a typical Swedish lunch if you “pack a lunch”. I hope they like it.
Last night after practice, My and I made dinner as well. We made hamburgers. Not hard at all, but it still counts. I enjoy being in the kitchen now; it is kind of fun.
What have y’all been doing? Is the weather getting nicer I hope? I love the weather here; it is in the 50’s and 60’s. (in the teens in Celsius) I really love it. I am dreading going back to Maryland in January, not because I hate Maryland or anything, but I am ready to not be such a nomad. None the less, I am kind of excited to be there for another winter. I like having all the seasons.
Well, I think that is all for now. Sorry such a pointless blog, but…”Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.” –Billy Waters. So this is your pointless “something” for the weekend. Now go be productive people
Love y'all, miss y'all
"work hard, play harder"
puss och kram
xoxo
Shannon the Cannon
#1 on the field #1 in your heart
(when im done playing, do I stop #1..blah blah)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment