From American Screwballs to Swedish Meatball...this is life

The 20th of May came rather quick, but here I am in Sweden exploring a new way of life and having much of a culture shock. I decided to make a blog upon my handome Father's request. Most people blog about things they see, but I feel like I might be better at expressing what the hell goes through my head as I explore this beautiful foreign country. So just warning you b4 you read...this is not rated PG, but I would love for you to jump on my bike and enjoy the ride of a life time!

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm
The BEST Swedish girl around

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"I think of life itself now as a wonderful play that I've written for myself, and so my purpose is to have the utmost fun playing my part."-Shirley Ma

HI..its me again! Today was not that eventful, but ill share some of the day- I woke up kind of late, it was nice though to sleep in. I had some berries and yogurt for breakfast, and ate it on the balconi. Showered, got ready and biked down to Downtown Enkoping. Karin's 9th grade class had their end of the year performance at the show room. It was hilarious. It is funny what you can make out of the costumes and actions...god knows I couldnt understand what they were saying. Ha. All of the school was there to watch as well, and they were giving me the "you are foreign" look. but I think i take it pretty well.

Then I rode back with My, and we had lunch. we both had sandwhiches, and split an apple. When they were in the states they brought back "American Peanutbutter" so I gave her a sample of apples and peanut butter how we like it. She thought it looked weird, but she liked it.

We walked to the daycare to pick Lisa up. My, me, Wilma, and the puppy Ludde. When we got there Lisa showed me every room and what she does in all of them, and then we walked home. Lisa took Ludde off the leash and hooked Wilma to the leash. Wilma was on roller blades, so she let Ludde go, and walked Wilma on the dog leash. Taylor never did that to me, but maybe in Sweden it is typical to walk your older sister on animal leashes. Not sure.

We had pancakes for dinner, but they are Swedish pancakes. No sugar added, and they are very flat and the size of the entire plate. You put some smashed berries or jam in them roll it up and eat it! It was pretty good. Never do they eat pancakes for breakfast though.

After dinner we walked to Tove's soccer game. Her team is really good, they won the championship last year. They beat the "green team" 4-1. Pretty exciting!

Lisa wandered off during the game, and she found a stick about 6 feet high... she drug it back to the game and then home ofcourse. On the way home she picked weeds and gave them to her dad. Just showing her appreciation I guess with weeds. Sweet girl though.

I ate an apple, skyped my beautiful mom, and here I am!

Tomorrow I want to wake up and go running, then maybe roller blading before practice? I need to meet people. I am confident that it will be easier now that I am FLUENT in saying: hi, bye, thank you, hush, and snack...I am well on my way to friendships blooming...Haha...syke!!

ok signing off now. Maybe I will take pictures for yall tomorrow. No promises though...

"work hard, play harder"
Shann
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment