From American Screwballs to Swedish Meatball...this is life

The 20th of May came rather quick, but here I am in Sweden exploring a new way of life and having much of a culture shock. I decided to make a blog upon my handome Father's request. Most people blog about things they see, but I feel like I might be better at expressing what the hell goes through my head as I explore this beautiful foreign country. So just warning you b4 you read...this is not rated PG, but I would love for you to jump on my bike and enjoy the ride of a life time!

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm
The BEST Swedish girl around

Monday, May 31, 2010

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein

Well...I survived Monday! hahaha, crazy world out there though. So umm...I woke up (what a blessing) went for a run...through the woods, passed a few daycares, saw some kids playing outside...and ran back home. i know that seems exciting, but stay with me...haha

I basically rode my bike all day---here is how it went.
then I got my swimsuit on, packed a sandwhich, hopped on my bike and rode to the lake. Lets say a 6 mile bike ride...at first when Kristen and I got there it was kind of cloudy, so I wrapped up in my towel...but then the sun graced us with its presence, and I took it all in! It was great! I fell asleep bc it was so relaxing. We stayed for a couple of hours, and then rode back from the lake, and into down town. We were looking for a shoe store, but I ofcourse found myself in the candy section of the supermarket :) (sweet tooth inherited from my grandfather, cant help it) Kristen got a snack...Some sort of hot dog looking thing, but it was called something else? Ehhh...candy was definately the smarter/more economical choice I think. haha...

We then rode home, and I had some dinner...we ate waffles for dinner. Here in Sweden you do not eat waffles as a breakfast food, but for dinner! You can put cream cheese, onion, and caviar on them, or fruit and whipped cream sort of thing! It was good, but im not picky...i learned that if there is not carrotts in the food I am eating, I will like it.

So after dinner we went to Pontus's ("brother") school for end of the year "show off" sort of thing. We saw things that he has done through out the year, and a video the class made about bullying. It was cute. Alot of kids and parents. We also had ficka. It was good too. We walked there and back, but the school is not far, and it was really nice out, so it was pleasent. I learned that it is not just common when you walk into homes to take off your shoes, but everywhere. When we walked in everyone took off their shoes. There was a special "entrance room" where we took our shoes off. I dont really see the point. I mean everyone was walking around with no shoes on like we were at a playground or a pool...maybe they are confused as to when its play time...who knows. but like cant you get staff? or some disease always walking around with no shoes? not to mention half of my outfit is my shoes and jewelry, so when i take off my shoes...its like me losing identity. you might as well not even leave the house in them...ok im off my soap box...its tradition, so I respect that. :/

then i came home and skyped my parents, both of them! even my faza got in the camera, and he fixed their webcam, so its not all fuzzy. saw my dog samantha, up to no good as always...dogs have a perfect life.

I got bored, so I texted Kristen, we went bike riding for about an hour and a half again! It was fun, we went all around, back down town, to the train station, everywhere...(the candy store was closed-damnit) Then we rode home because it was dark, and we were both cold.

Now I am home...currently chasing mosquito's in my room. im sure comical to see, yet very distrubing to do. I cant stand these things, and someone left the door open, so they got in the house. Tomorrow, I have to be up early to pick Kristen up (im using the car) and we are going to the field to help girls learn to play softball for a couple of hours...not excited, but I'm sure I will blog tomorrow about how much fun I had. haha-I learned that I am one of those ppl who doesnt want to do stuff sometimes, but I always go and enjoy the hell out of whatever it is im doing.
So ive decided, Im just going to do everything.
lol...dont get crazy, I dont enjoy yard work or fixing electronics... what I really noticed is that i enjoy ANYTHING if i have good company. Like when my dad left me a list of "things to do in the yard" and i had to do it while he was at work...I would have rather cleaned a barn, but when he was doing yard work too...it wasnt bad! So...if yall are having a bad day find some good company...it will fix itself! In my case...I am my only company, so hopefully I am in a good mood :)haha

Umm signing off now... I miss home more than EVER! whenver I am home sick I remember that when I left the air port... my dad told me to "have the time of my life", and i remind myself that Dallas Texas isnt going anywhere...That keeps me here...and grounded, plus I have myself for good company ;)
good night (said like: goud noght in Swedish)
love yall-
"work hard, play harder"
Shann
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment