Hello America! haha just kidding, I just wanted to say that to feel important like the President.
So, I made history tonight. Please mark down on your calanders: May 28, 2010 = Shannon Johnston stayed in on a FRIDAY night. Yeah, I said it! haha. Due to the fact that I have no friends, after practice I helped another pitcher on the team, took My to the train station to visit her dad, came home...and had dinner, wine, and movie time with my "mom and dad". It was quite pleasent. For dinner we had salad (no dressing), small steak(i think it was) and grilled tomatoes. Oh a bread! It was good. I will come back to tonight after I explain my day, I just wanted to announce my making of history first!
The actual highlight of my day was being invited to lunch by Matilda! I woke up to a facebook message inviting me to lunch with her and a friend. You want to know the best part about it? WE DIDNT HAVE TO RIDE OUR BIKES TO THE RESTURAUNT!!!! She told me to meet her house at 12, and we would leave from there and her friend had a car! wahoooo!!! I could actually do my hair and look half way descent? I was shocked. It was 11:15 when I realized I needed to get in the shower and be ready in 45 minutes? NOT happening. But I made it work. Ofcourse because I cannot get my American straightner to turn on I wore my hair curly, threw some make up on and a casual "lunch" outfit. Matilda, me, Maria (matilda's friend) and Gustan (not sure on the spelling, but it sounds like the name of the guy from Beauty and the Beast) had lunch at this amazing salad place in town. Oh my gosh, how did they know salad is my favorite food next to chocolate.
Came home, checked up on my mom via Skype, and got ready for practice. I ran to practice today instead of biking because I gave a pitching lesson to a girl named Amanda on the team prior to prac. She doesnt have alot of experience pitching (by that I mean...shes never pitched before) but she is about 5'10, long, lanky, and strong (kind of)...so she wants to pitch. I taught her the basic snap today, at first she was GOD awful, but she caught on. I have learned that Swedish people do more listening and learning, rather than Americans who do more...bitching and pouting. But she caught on a little, and she is going to practice at home before I see her again. My brought my glove and cleats...we practiced. It was fun I guess.
I have pitched the last 8 years of my career as a ball player, and I didnt realize how pitching has really kept me in this game. Today I played outfield, infield, hit,,,did all of that niddy griddy, and well...i just dont like it. I love coaching all of it, and i love the strategies of the entire game, but in terms of playing and actually "doing"...I just like to pitch.
After practice we took My to the train station where she took a bus to her Dad's house. Came home and had dinner with the rents as I explained earlier. The only think I left out was...ITS THE WEEKEND! now I can eat candy, so Karin and I had some strawberry twizlers. Reminded me of my grandfather, he loved those things. (He used to ask me to sneak them to him, when grams wasnt looking. haha-ofcourse I did it for my favorite guy)
Here I am...about to hit the sac! I am taking the train into Stockholm tomorrow! I cant wait. I will try and take some pictures of something touristy for ya'll, or maybe just a picutre of me on the train, I dont want ya'll to forget what I look like.
-So to recap: I HAD A LUNCH DATE TODAY, get excited America! hahahaha
Ok well I love ya'll, and I will write tomorrow if I survive the train ofcourse, and the adventure through Stockholm!
"work hard, play harder"
Shann
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment