From American Screwballs to Swedish Meatball...this is life

The 20th of May came rather quick, but here I am in Sweden exploring a new way of life and having much of a culture shock. I decided to make a blog upon my handome Father's request. Most people blog about things they see, but I feel like I might be better at expressing what the hell goes through my head as I explore this beautiful foreign country. So just warning you b4 you read...this is not rated PG, but I would love for you to jump on my bike and enjoy the ride of a life time!

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm
The BEST Swedish girl around

Thursday, May 27, 2010

"You only meet your once in a lifetime friend... once in a lifetime." -Little Rascals

Well hi there! We meet again > today was kind of uneventful, but I will try my best to make this interesting, if its not interesting atleast it is easy reading. When I was little my mom would tuck me into bed, and I would ask her to tell me "Princess stories" where ofcourse I was the princess, and my castle had diamond door knobs. (i never let her forget that detail) None the less, the stories were always about "the Princess" (ME) meeting new friends, sharing my diamonds, toys, food, and laughter, and then living happily ever after. So here is my bed time story for yall:

-Once upon a time, Princess Shannon woke up, cleaned her room (like always), made a bowl of berries for breakfast, and got ready for her daily run. She ran all over Enkoping, through the woods, through the streets, through the bike trails, did sprints on the soccer field, did an ab circuit in the weeds with the mosquitos, she did it all. When she finally ran back to her castle, she decided to stretch because her muscles were a bit tight. As she relaxed herself in the sun... a pretty blonde girl came out of the house next door. She greeted the Princess and introduced herself as Matilda, and explained how she had read in the paper the Princess was visiting and she came to meet her because she knew she was from the states and was close to her age. Matilda has spend one year in the states, is 21, and speaks fluent English. She told Shannon that she would love to show her around, and hang out. They shook hands, and went their separate ways into their castles. 10 minutes later Princess shannon got a friend request on facebook from Matilda! Once your face book friends, you know thats a wrap! Matilda wants to hang out, and take Shannon out to see what nightlife is like in Sweden, as well as show her around. Princess shannon is so excited to meet her FIRST swedish friend! (and excited for the nightlife)


THE END!

haha- did that put yall to bed? My mom is better I swear. None the less, I have a friend! haha.

ok so after this sweaty hand shake, I showered up and relaxed a bit. I had a sandwhich for lunch with an apple. Kristen (the other American on the team) and I rode our bikes to the lake. it was about a 25 minute ride there. We got to the lake looked at it, and then rode back home for another 30 minutes. Kristen really likes nature, and dont get me wrong I thought the lake was pretty, but a lake is a lake is a lake. Dont get me wrong this lake was definately worth the hour bike ride of aching quad muscles up and down the hills in the forest :/ ehh anyways.

We had pasta salad for dinner, it was really really good. Then we had practice. I taught the team how to slap/2 strike offense. They are so eager to learn which is good because, they are not that talented. Not to knock them or anything. Unlike American's they do not think they know everything, and they dont need hot dog breaks during practice, nor do they have team Mom's who shove cookies in their face after the games. The girls are great. They are so positive, and they work really really hard. My (pronounced Me) who lives with me plays second base, and shes like REALLY good. I want her to move to the states and go to college and play ball.

We rode our bikes back home, probably about a 1.5 miles? When we are going uphill on the bikes I always say how I picture a snack at the top of the hill for motivation,(when i say snack i mean like an American hamburger and fries, extra salt) and my Mom always says there is a glass of wine. haha since im sitting here blogging now, you can see we both made it up the hill.

I guess that is all for today, mission accomplished- I met a friend. She might not ever talk to me again, but were facebook friends so that means something in this day right? eh well.
Talk to yall tomorrow. Sending all my love!

"work hard, play harder"

princess shannon
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment