Sunday, September 5, 2010
"The delicate and intricate pattern of competition and cooperation in the economic behavior of the hundreds of thousands of citizens of Stockholm offers a challenge to the economist that is perhaps as complex as the challenges of the physicist and the chemist."-George Stigler
I still pinch myself when I say "This is where I live", But seriously...this is where I live.
Good Morning! Wake up---You people have a Blog to read! Ha. How is everyone? I am not so hot. I have a terrible eye infection, my muscles are aching, I think I have a fever, and my nails are too long. I have to say that waking up Sunday feels so weird this Sunday. I have no wins/losses on the weekend to think about, and I didn’t wake up with anxiety about which ribbon to wear. Crazy!
My Mom told me last night to put an ice pack on my eye. Since there is an absence of ice in Europe, I had to settle for a cold rag. I actually didn’t do anything at first, until I woke up in the middle of the night, and couldn’t bear my eye ball anymore, so I stumbled to the bath room and gave in to the “mom remedy.” Slapped a cold rag on my face and slept for a couple of hours I think. I woke up and my eye was feeling 50% better. Moms know everything. I have not seen a doctor in 5 years due to health. I have been for MRI’s and things like that, but not for health. When I got sick in college, I went for a run. I just despise going to the doctor. One time I was talking to my Grandpa on the phone (probably a Sunday, we always planned via daily emails to catch up by telephone on Sunday’s) and I sounded sick, so he told me to take a hot, hot shower, put some warm socks on, and drink some juice. He said that the Doctor thing is “a conspiracy”; haven’t been to the doctor since. Needless to say, last night I took a hot shower, followed by a cup of appelsin (orange in Swedish) juice, got my socks on, and hopped in bed! I thought about my favorite guy…What a good Doctor!
Well Friday night we had a team party to say good bye to Kristen and I. It was really for Kristen though because she is leaving tomorrow. It was so nice for everyone to show up. We had ficka, and enjoyed each other’s company. The team gave me a stone that says “puss & kram” and also a candle holder made by a famous Swedish glass company. I will show and tell when I am home.
Saturday Mom, Dad, and My took me to Old Town Stockholm. It was gorgeous. I have a lot of pictures, so I will show them as well. They are on My’s camera though because mine died. I don’t have them uploaded on to my computer yet. We saw the changing of the guards outside the King and Queens castle, and everything else there is to see there. It was so fun. I love Stockholm; it’s so busy and much different than normal Swedish life. People are actually on the move, and have urgency, they get things done. Then I came home and relaxed in the dark because my eye was bothering me, My, Amanda and I watched Devil Wears Prada. I have to stop watching that movie. I want to be in New York so bad. I love that place. It’s so “Shannon”, its so chick! Gosh, I want to be there, I can’t say that enough. I would sell some of my jewelry to be able to start a life there. (That’s saying a lot for me) Then once I had made it, I would fly my family there, take them to a Broadway Show, (God knows I owe my dad tickets) and eat at Carnegie Deli off of 7th and 55th Street. (My Dads favorite sandwiches) Isn’t it crazy the tiny things you remember, yet I can’t make enough note cards to remember the definition of some intense vocabulary word for business marketing. Well anyways, enough about New York.
Today, Maria and Camilla asked me to join them for lunch but because of my eye, I think I am going to skip out. As much as I would love to see them, I don’t want to irritate my eye any more. So hot showers and socks is on my agenda today! Ha.
I think that is all I have today. Maybe if I am bored I will come back tonight!
Love y'all
"work hard, play harder"
xoxo
Puss och Kram,
Shann
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment