Friday, September 10, 2010
"I swing big, with everything I've got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can.” -Babe Ruth
Hi my loves! How is everyone this Friday? Excited for the weekend? I am, finally no work! Ha…totally kidding. I like to embrace the fact that I am still young, and though stressing about an internship, this life I live in Europe is so beautiful. Not to rub it in y’alls faces or anything, but damn I’m lucky!
Ok anyways, I spent all day yesterday at the school. I spoke in front of My’s class, and Fanny’s class. Karin is Fanny’s English teacher, so it was her class as well. Everything went very well. Karin had her students write up questions to ask me when I was done presenting, and she said that all their questions I covered during my presentation, so that is good! My’s class had questions as well. Some of them were really funny. Like: Is all food fried in America? Are French Fries a vegetable? Is everyone a Christian in Texas? What is “Track and field”? My favorite one: Do you like milk? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA- I was kind of thrown off. Did I walk in the room and give off this “I hate milk look”. After speaking about the US school system for an hour, the kid was wandering if I liked milk…maybe I didn’t do as hot as I thought. Haha. But Karin’s class asked me to come back on Tuesday to help them because they are all assigned a state in the US, and they are making brochures. So I will help them look up information, and talk with them about researching. I don’t know how much they want my help with the project, but they are fascinated to hear an American speak American English, because it is more common to hear British English here.
Today I am taking Pontus shopping. He wants some new jeans and a couple of shirts. He asked me to take him because he hates everything Mom picks out. When we went to Stockholm Karin got him a shirt, and she told me to give it to him and tell him I picked it out. She said if he knows she bought it, he will say he hates it. Kids are funny. So I am taking him today to Vesturas. Mom left the car. She came in my room last night and also told me that Pontus asked her to ask me if we can go to the music store so he can get a guitar pick. So cute! I just love that kid. I am so glad I have a brother now. Around the house he is so shy to speak English. I think it is because he is intimidated because My and Karin and Micke speak fluently, but when it is just me and him, he will try and get the words out, and I can understand him. So that is kind of cool too. Knowing me I will probably buy him candy and a cool hat or something as well.
Tomorrow I am going to Stockholm with My. I am taking the train there, but I meet me in Bolsta because that’s where her dad lives. She will hop on the train in Bolsta and we will ride the rest o the way together. I am sad because it might be my last train ride, and last trip to Stockholm. I love the train.
The other day the little girls had softball. Louisa told me (in Swedish-like I can understand her) “Do you know why I am so good at this?” (My translates) I ask why, and she responds with “Because I love softball, that’s why you guys think I am the best.” Haha. She is so funny. On the way home she stuck her head out of the window and sang…the entire way home. It was really funny because of course when kids sing it’s kind of amusing, but she wasn’t singing a song, she was singing a commercial off the radio. She was so into it, like she was Beyonce or something, but IT WAS A COMMERCIAL. Haha. I have it on video.
This is Louisa hittin a "home run". She is such a stud!
I think that is all I have for now. I will see y'all in a couple of days.
Sending all my love!
xoxo
puss och kram
Shann
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment