From American Screwballs to Swedish Meatball...this is life

The 20th of May came rather quick, but here I am in Sweden exploring a new way of life and having much of a culture shock. I decided to make a blog upon my handome Father's request. Most people blog about things they see, but I feel like I might be better at expressing what the hell goes through my head as I explore this beautiful foreign country. So just warning you b4 you read...this is not rated PG, but I would love for you to jump on my bike and enjoy the ride of a life time!

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm
The BEST Swedish girl around

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

“We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.”-John Fitzgerald

Well, well, well…it’s me again! Yesterday and today I have spent my time giving presentations and talking to kids in school about the American school system. It has been going well. I was very nervous, but as soon as I get in front of the kids I just talk! I don’t think I say funny things, but they laugh a lot, so maybe that is good as well. It is like pitching to me. I like to be in front of people speaking on things that I know about. I like feeling educated. When they hear me talk they look at me like I am foreign, and that is kind of cool as well. So that has been going good. My presentations have been about an hour long. Longest speaking solo deal I have ever done. So this is a cool experience for me, and is helping me with my speaking skills. Hopefully this will contribute to me racking in the big bucks one day, and I will buy us all my favorite Cold Stone ice cream. (You can have as many toppings as you like)



Anyways, it’s been pretty quiet around here lately. The kids are in school, no softball, mom and dad work. I have been staying busy with getting these presentations ready, and actually being at the school to give them. I hope y’all had a great Labor Day. Man, I sure did. I was off work and everything. Ha!


My eye infection is getting better day by day. Just making sure y’all weren’t at home feeling sorry for me or anything. I know my Dad is probably worried sick. TOTALLY JOKING!


I caught up with my Aunt Bernadette the other day, which was so great. We always talk so much, and it’s so refreshing. I also got to catch up with my cousin Amy, emailed with Aunt Lee, emailed with dad, emailed with my sister, Kristin (basically my other sister), my very dear friend Andy and I Skype chat a lot which is so good for me, saw Stephy via Skype, and today I caught up with my mom and even Mrs. Nix! Mrs. Nix used to be at Hebron on Wednesday’s, so when I talked to my mom on Wednesdays, I always got to chat with Mrs. Nix, but since she has not been there in a while, I have missed her. But I got to see her bright shiny self today! It is so great to talk to all of y’all. Oh, my friend Joey has also been keeping me sane. I have trouble sleeping these days, and because of the time change he is still awake when I lay in bed tossing and turning. So he keeps me company on his new I phone 4. (jealous) Anyways, he does a good job at making me feel better on shitty days I have, and we get to talk a lot which makes my days go by faster.


So, I have 13 days left here. Not that I’m counting, I just want to make sure y’all are prepared. Ha. Of course I am so pumped to get back and see my family, but a lot of me is sad as well because my journey is over. I love spontaneity, adventure, adrenaline, risks, and most of all change. My biggest down fall is that when I get bored, I become very uninterested. (Hint as to why I never thought school was that much of a thrill) I think I am scared because I don’t know when/where my next attempt will be. Since I was 18 every year I have experienced something so completely different from the year before. When I was 18 I moved to Maryland and lived in a dorm, then I moved to an apartment (uh oh big girl), then I got a new apartment and chose a major, then Sr. year I actually got a little bit bored, but I was still doing the college thing, after that I moved to Sweden. What now? I’m scared. I need a new change. I think that my way of challenging myself and testing myself has been moving and living this nomadic life style. I love home, and I can’t wait to get back, but I can’t wait to move again as well.


Taking these opportunities has made me grow in a way that I never thought I could. I never thought I would grow out of being a brat. Ha, for a second you guys thought I was going to say I am totally over being a brat didn’t you? WRONG. I’m the baby of the family what do you expect? Of course I am still a brat, but it’s a different brat now. I can’t explain it. It’s so great.


My Mom’s birthday is coming up on the 14th people, make sure to give her a birthday hug; she is celebrating her 9th anniversary of her 21st birthday! (So she is the BIG 30) Ha Ha. ;)


Well I think that is all for tonight, I will go toss and turn and try and try and fall asleep!


Love you all to the stars and back
xoxo
puss och kram
"work hard, play harder"

Shann
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment