From American Screwballs to Swedish Meatball...this is life

The 20th of May came rather quick, but here I am in Sweden exploring a new way of life and having much of a culture shock. I decided to make a blog upon my handome Father's request. Most people blog about things they see, but I feel like I might be better at expressing what the hell goes through my head as I explore this beautiful foreign country. So just warning you b4 you read...this is not rated PG, but I would love for you to jump on my bike and enjoy the ride of a life time!

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm
The BEST Swedish girl around

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first." -Ernestine Ulmer

Hello lovelies! How is everyone today? I am doing well. I just applied for a couple of internships, nothing too huge. I definitely wouldn’t count on me purchasing the families Christmas nutcracker or anything this year yet, but Rome wasn’t built in a day. Ha. Anyways, I don’t have much to write about, but I can’t sleep, so what better thing to do then write?



Since the last time I blogged, I haven’t really done anything that special. I helped Maria pick out her wall colors and such for her new apartment that she just recently signed papers for. I also got to see the apartment, which by the way, is so fabulous. It is going to be so cozy for her. How exciting!


Yesterday I went to the school and helped Karin’s English class. It was pretty cool to see how their school system and class works. Strange to sit in a class with 15 year olds, and think; was I that immature? I’m sure the answer was yes, but I know when I was 15 I was still rocking bad ass jewelry (Which is clearly what matters. Ha-I’m ridiculous) Anyways, after helping at the school, I helped My, Wilma, and Fanny with some softball skills. We worked on footwork (what I think is most important) and staying low when working in the infield. After that, I took Wilma to horse riding lessons. My and Louisa rode with me. I am so curious to how all of that works so I went in with her, saw the horse she took care of for two weeks this summer, as well as the horse she was going to ride and work with that day. Then My, Louisa and I went to the store. I bought My a new makeup compact. As we were passing the “godis” isle (godis=candy in Swedish) of course Louisa was begging for some and I was trying so hard not to give in, but then…out of the corner of my eye I saw this Buzz Light year PEZ candy holder. Do y’all remember PEZ? My dad used to always buy Taylor and I those when we were small. In fact, I get one every year for Valentine’s Day from him still and I am 22. So of course I got it for Louisa. She loved it though, and I felt kind of cool buying it for her because it reminded me of my Dad. We went to pick Wilma up and watched her ride a bit, then made it home!


Today, I had the car, so Kristin and I went to Vesturas. It is a town not far from Enkoping. We really just walked around. I didn’t buy anything, but it was nice to get out. We helped the small girls practice today. There were only three people, but they love to practice. Louisa told her mom that she couldn’t go to school today because she had softball practice tonight, and she didn’t want to risk missing it. When I picked Louisa up from school today she was so surprised that I was not Karin. She ran up and jumped in to my arms. So cute!


When I was reading articles and jumping around on the internet, I was reading about jobs and such and rich people in the world. (I don’t know why I read about that stuff, I could do it all day, but you couldn’t pay me to read a college book) None the less, I remembered what my dad told me years ago, “Shann, you need to find a job where you get paid if you show up or not.” So, because I had some extra time, I went to Google and typed in; “in need of a job where I get paid if I show up or not.” Nothing came up. Oh well! No loss there, I figure it’s just not listed because few people get it. It will take more work, but if I ever get that job, I will write a book about it, and then when people Google search it, something will pop up; my book! Ha.


Maybe I want to get my real estate license, but then what would I wear on the sign in home owner’s front yards? You know that big sign with the picture of the agent on it? Definitely something to consider. (Both the license and the outfit)


Well anyways, I think that is all I have for tonight. I love y’all.


Puss och Kram
"work hard, play harder"
xoxo,
 
Shann
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment