I realized after I wrote this blog that it has no real topic, so I just picked this quote because I think it is good. I also found this video I made for my parents my sophmore year in college in my very own stuido (bedroom) in maryland. :)
Top of the morning! Ha. My dad always says that. When we were younger and Taylor and I played Summer ball (my fondest memory/past time to date) we would play in these tournaments. College look, round robins, you name it we played in it. And let’s say, for example; we played 5 games on Saturday (sometimes more), then we would go home, mom washed the uniforms, Taylor and I pass out. Wake up at 5 AM because we had the 8 o’clock game on Sunday. Meaning we get there at 6:30 before the gates to the field are open (I guess we thought the first team waiting outside the gates was getting ahead?-not sure on that theory), so we left the house at 5:30 to arrive there at 6:15 because God knows if coach Brian told us “girls, be here at 6:30”, Dad heard “Girls be here at 6:30, except Shannon and Taylor you girls please be here at 6:15 with your cleats on.” Ha-ok back to my story: So inevitably I always had to pitch the 8 o’clock game, after waiting fifteen pointless minutes, the rest of our team would arrive…Dad always had his coffee, one cup from the house (freshly brewed) and one cup from Starbucks because we always stopped on the way. Why he had two cups and mixed them…no clue, none the less, everyone else was still in “sleep mode,” and Dad was always ready to go in his Rapid Fire hat, matching outfit, always looked put together...and said “Top of the morning” to everyone as he walked by. He was the only one awake enough to go check the bracket, tell our coach who we were playing and of course he had scouted them the previous day. After his rounds of “top of the morning” to everyone, he would come to me, and tell me all about the team I was playing. “Throw high and inside, when you get ahead mix it up, no walks-they always kill you, cover as much ground around the mound as you can they are going to bunt, and read the defense when you are hitting.” Haha…so now that I have written half a page- you know why I said “Top of the morning.” After a few of my teammates and I noticed his routine EVERY weekend, we started to hate when he didn’t come until game time. Sometimes he would sleep in when we got older and we would drive ourselves to the game (still arriving 15 minutes early out of habit) he would sleep in a bit and then come at 8 for the game. We missed our “TOTM” greeting (I got sick of typing the whole thing-lazy) as well as we missed knowing about the pitcher we were facing and all other opponent team stats.
OK-anyways…yesterday was kind of boring, but not too shabby either. I woke up, went for my run and work out, came home showered, cleaned the kitchen, and coached the small girls at 5, and the older girls at 6. It was my last practice with the older girls, so I gave them a little speech at the end, and went on my way. I think the biggest problem softball has in Sweden is commitment. The girls aren’t committed, so I challenged them to show up to every practice from the day I leave until they are done playing. I told them that it wasn’t impossible but it is hard. We will see. I told them if they don’t feel like going to practice, email me, and I will give them some words of wisdom. So I gave my hugs and went on my way!
Then we had homemade pizza for dinner. It was good, and Mom made my favorite Swedish blueberry pie. Made with fresh blueberries! When we ate the pie the family gave me a necklace…It was so sweet. They got me a necklace of a four leaf clover for good luck! So nice of them, and unnecessary, so I am so thankful. I am wearing it right now.
I went for my run this morning and made it around with my IPod. First time in my life. I am not sure if I like the IPod while I run or not, but it didn’t bother me much. I need to get an arm band, because carrying it my hand is annoying.
Well this is my last weekend here. Last night we had to clear out the kitchen because we are getting new ceilings in the entire upstairs. The original ceiling is no good Micke says. It is not strong enough or something and eventually will fail. So this morning at 7 AM came the workers to rip it down. When I got back from running the electricians came, and much to my surprise one of them was my good friend Camilla’s boyfriend. I have come very close to Camilla and him as well. They have an apartment down town. So he and his boss will be installing the new lighting.
Today when My gets off work she wants to go get some hair color because before I leave she wants to die her hair again. Mom is home sick today, she has a sore throat. So we just had a banana and tea together. We were texting each other from our rooms when we were still lying in bed. Ha-
Well I think that is it for me. What has everyone else been doing? I am going to make a grocery list for my Mom, I can’t wait. My teeth are killing me from whitening them. When I use the whitening the way I am supposed to it causes no problems, but sometimes I put the whitening on and start doing something… an hour later I remember, and then…my teeth are ringing...OUCHHH!!
Alright I will talk to y’all soon. Sending all my love and hope y’all have big white smiles on your face because it is almost the weekend….NO WORK! Ha….
Xoxo
Puss och Kram
“work hard, play harder”
Shann
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart
No comments:
Post a Comment