From American Screwballs to Swedish Meatball...this is life

The 20th of May came rather quick, but here I am in Sweden exploring a new way of life and having much of a culture shock. I decided to make a blog upon my handome Father's request. Most people blog about things they see, but I feel like I might be better at expressing what the hell goes through my head as I explore this beautiful foreign country. So just warning you b4 you read...this is not rated PG, but I would love for you to jump on my bike and enjoy the ride of a life time!

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm
The BEST Swedish girl around

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Either you reach a higher point today, or you exercise your strength in order to be able to climb higher tomorrow."-Friedrich Nietzsche

WHOaaaa.....do ya'll remember me? I'm Shannon Johnston, daughter or Randy and Bridget Johnston...haha I wont go on. But sorry. I have not blogged in a while. I kind of got bored blogging, it was like I had nothing to write, or nothing entertaining to write about. I was just typing for the hell of it, and "anything worth doing, is worth doing right." haha- My dad taught me that, he was probably telling me that out of the womb. I know a few things about myself, and one is :once i get bored...i completely disengage from the activiity. hince the reason I never enjoyed schoolwork. Just so boring, so basic. Everyone at home is doing the same work the teacher sent home, so everyone is going to be the same? ehh...not for me. But today I was excited to blog...so here I am. I have had a never ending headache for 5 days but its felt like 5 years. My head is pounding and I think I might be losing brain cells and memory. Today I forgot my way around via bike...mayb it was a sign I needed the work out. Anyways... Monday I did nothing but have a headache, and go to practice. Tuesday I did nothing but have a headache, go into town for a ficka with Matilda and gabby---fun. They took me to the drug store to get a cure for the ache in my head. I was glad they took me because everything was in Swedish (obvi, I am in Sweden) so they told me what words meant "pain" and directed me to the best meds! so nice of them. I was expecting to see some huge bottle of Advil...not so much. they sell packs of 24 or 30 pills of medicine. Maybe only Americans buy pint size bottles of drugs. haha-reality check...not every country relies on meds/drugs to cure their stressful lives...here, they just stay unstressed. what a concept?

I woke up today...NO HEADACHE! I was shocked. I had some yogur and berries, then hopped on the bike, rode around town, then headed to the softball field for sprints, lunges, body squats, and abs. It felt good! The bike ride home was hell because it was uphill...but I made it! haha. I came home and did some laundry. I know how to work the wash machine now, but I have a hard time getting the clothes out because the door is broken. A knife sits on top of the washer and you use it to get the door open. One of the kids broke it. Its normal to them to just grab the steak knife and open the thing up...I am not to acustom to this sort of thing, so it takes me a minute. haha.

Then I showered, and....my headache came back. I was wandering when it would grace me again...took meds, now Im back in action.

Last night Luisa (5 yr old) told Karen "Karen, Shannon understand what I am saying because she smiles and nodds her head" haha...how cute. She comes in my room and likes to sit on skype when I am on the computer.

Nothing else has really been going on... My (15 year old who plays ball with me) just got her hair done. she has a reddish brown hair color with blonde highlights. I really like it. Her mom said she was scared to show me, but I saw her through my window getting off her bike, and ran to tell her how much I liked it! Her and her friends laugh at me alot. I think they laugh because I am really animated? and probably my accent is funny? I dont say many funny things, so I'm not sure what it is..but its nice that they are smiling around me. haha...

ok...Kristen just called... "Shannon, I was going to see if you wanted to go to the candy store?" hahaha....these people know me too well already. I will blog more later, I have some more blabbbbingg to do!

xoxoxo
"work hard, play harder"
Shann
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment