From American Screwballs to Swedish Meatball...this is life

The 20th of May came rather quick, but here I am in Sweden exploring a new way of life and having much of a culture shock. I decided to make a blog upon my handome Father's request. Most people blog about things they see, but I feel like I might be better at expressing what the hell goes through my head as I explore this beautiful foreign country. So just warning you b4 you read...this is not rated PG, but I would love for you to jump on my bike and enjoy the ride of a life time!

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm
The BEST Swedish girl around

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The great gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you.~KH

warning: This quote seems weird, but you will realize why I chose it today when you are at the end of my blog.

Last night I stayed up way to late, but I was skype chatting my sister, and Brianna, and tweet messaging Joey. I was so glad to talk to all of them esp my sister! It was worth the loss of sleep. either way that is my excuse for sleeping in until 11. It felt GREAT!!!!

My day started off good. I ran to the soccer field and did sprints and a gut check 300 yard shuttle. It was a good work out. I saw my brother, Pontus, bc his class was playing on the field next to the soccer field. That was pretty cool, infront of all his friends he waved to me, and said "Hi Shannon" in english. I felt special. Then I ran home.

I put my swim suit on and layed out on the deck for a little while. It was so relaxing, but then I got the text...
It was Kristen asking me if I wanted to go to Upsalla with her (city near by with a university and lots of shopping, very city like) She said we could shop around. So I agreed, and we rode our bikes to the bus station and hopped on the bus. We shopped for 20 seconds...and then it all went to hell... we ended up sight seeing the entire time. I can appreciate the cathedral and the church, but to look at every building and stuff. come on now...thats not me...I was annoyed. At first it was funny, then i got annoyed, then I got so frusterated I wanted to walk home alone. No joke. People my age were at the bars along the water, having ficka, drinking beer, enjoying life...and i was climing a 350 mile hill to go look at a building. I was heated! so mad, all i wanted to do was leave/go join the millions of ppl my age enjoying their "wet wednesday" along the waterfall.

During the duration of my 20 seconds of shopping, I did manage to pick up a pair of very cute skinny white jeans for sumemr time. very appropriate and I cant wait to rock them with some wedges, gold jewelry, and my black hair. totally stoked about the jeans.

Well after the terrible day in Upsala we rode the bus home, which took too long, I got a head ache. All i wanted to do was call my mom. Hahaa-Im 22 and I wanted to call my mom. I wanted to text someone, I wanted to hear someone speak english to me, I wanted to EAT SOME AMERICAN FOOD...i was frusterated from head to toe. Actually I wanted to get on a plane and fly my ass to 4211 Harvest Hill Court Carrollton TX, lay in my dads recliner with his slippers on, listen to my dog bark at shadows in the back yard, and complain about how hott Dallas Texas weather is. but no....I had to wait on that bus and THEN not only wait, but peddle my ass back home on a bike when I got to the train station. AWESOME DAY SHANNON. i could have cried. literally.

(oh and I forgot to mention...during my freak out, I thought some candy would help (i need candy intervention)...so I went to the candy store in the train station while waiting for the bus...NO CANDY I LIKED. NONE!)

Ok so got home, walked in my room and changed,,,to my surprise I hear Karen calling for me and saying hello. The last thing I wanted to do was go explain my LOVELY visit to Upsalla. But ofcourse I booked it up to the kitchen, and much to my surprise they all said hi to me, and Karen told me they saved me dinner in the fridge. I opened up the fridge and it was a plate with my name on it...grilled salmon, baked wedge potatoes, and caviar dressing. All I had to do was heat it up! I about died. It MADE my day. I felt apart of the family. Through all of their hustle and bustle they didnt forget about me during dinner time. I am apart of the family! When im not home for dinner my mom does the same thing for me at home...I just felt so blessed to have such a great family. It was a relief to be home. For once I felt like this was home. and I got excited, the food was amazing. I loved the caviar dressing. Mickey made it. it was delish..and I was so hungry.

im exhausted from staying up until 5 am chatting with you American people at home enjoying real life civilization, and also from walking 987 miles up hill to enjoy scenery :) and no candy :( but I did end on a good note...i came "home" to my family. "In time of test, family is best"

Tomorrow is a new day :) I love yall. Mom/Dad miss yall. Although I have been living in MD for 4 years, this is the first summer away from home > its like summer camp, only everyone speaks jibberish and none of my friends came with...nice camp I chose? haha... talk to yall tomorrow.
sending all my love!
"work hard, play harder"
shann
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment