I'm back. so when I left I was riding my bike to the candy store, then I came home and went to practice. It was a good practice. I helped Ingrid with her pitching. Taught her the "back hand flip" cahnge up. Some other American had taught her another one...and it was not a change up. Im sure the other American didnt have a change up so she just palmed the ball and pushed a slower pitch across the plate. Probably got shelled in the US, but hey...I have had those games too :) None the less she picked it up quickly, and we will continue to work on it!
I came home and skyped my mother and Mrs. Nix...chatted it up a bit. that was nice! they were looking perky and beautiful as always...u know what I saw...Im the youngest in my immediate family, and on my dads side of the family. ive never been around little kids..but being around this family i noticed that Mothers much like girls in middle school have an akward stage too. example: moms with small kids...cut their hair short, always wear it back, dont wwear make up, gain weight, dont keep up with themselves for a short timewhile their kids are growing and cannot do anything for themselves. then...the kids get older, the moms have more "me" time, they get a hip hairstyle, they start wearing cute clothes again, they work out, they dye thier hair, they get cool glasses....and their back in business. just goes to show what parents will do for their kids. Probably why I shouldnt be a Mother. I was a good mother to my fish though id have to say...
ok so my quote is about this next story:
People rollerblade alot here... ppl that cross country ski will rollerblade during the summer with their poles, and kids will rollerblade for fun alot, much like biking. so at practice I decided I wanted to borrow My's rollerblades and go blading. Kristen said she'd come. so I get the blades go outside put them on...turn around Wilma and Pontus (bro and sis) are laughing at me try to get up off the ground and get in gear to blade...so embarrasing/funny too. So kristen and I start the adventure. I thought it would be easy to pick up, the last time I did this I was wearing Barbie blades and was 10 years old, but it cant be that hard? roamed around for about 20 minutes, I was doing good. then we came to the hill....
reminder: in europe ppl walk bike everywhere, so were not the only ppl on the biking trail..
Here i go...faster, faster, faster....I couldnt stop, slow down, change direction....i start screaming in english (the speak swedish) "move/I cant stop/watch out/Im coming/sorrryy" couples holding hands bailing, kids on bikes driving onto the grass, ppl walking giving me the deer and headlights look as they fly onto the grass. Finally to stop I run into the grass, but its not liek running with shoes, im running on wheels...so my feet r slippping and I am still motoring...so i tuck and roll....
hysterically laughing I look up... Kristen is holding her stomach crying/laughing, im laughing so loud I woke up every family in Sweden, and the ppl that I motored over on their "romatic night walk" r walking passed me pointing and laughing/trying not to stare. It was hysterical. I hope i dont make the front page Enkoping "unathletic section" in the paper. So... when i finally get back on my feet...after losing my bearings to say the least...i start blading, with grass in my hair/skates/mouth/everywhere, and im passing the same people that dodged me before, and they hear me talking to Kristen, and calmly get off the path for fear of me pulling another crazy move. Gawd. I laughed the whole way home. You know when you laugh so hard that you become weak? I had to sit down because I couldnt hold myself up I was laughing so damn hard. It was so funny. I guess i didnt pick up where I left off when I was 10, because I knew how to stop then. I secretly missed my barbie blades though... they were real nice, from ToysRus I think? I member going to pick them out with my dad on Saturday. You would have thought I got a new car, and then he spent all day trying to teach me. I was terrible, Taylor was really good...figures.
thats why i thought this quote worked for my title:
"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily.To not dare is to lose oneself." -Soren Kierkegaard
Ok so then I came home and Mickey was putting a new bike seat on my bike...how sweet. The other day I biked so much my tail bone was sore, and he said it was probably the seat...he hooked me up with a new one! how sweet!!!
Now I am doing nothing...I want to run like 6 miles tomorrow maybe? I am ready for a long run I think... I will chat with ya'll tomorrow.
Love yall way too much.
laugh until you cant hold urself up...it feels soo good!!!
"work hard, play harder"
Shann
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment