From American Screwballs to Swedish Meatball...this is life

The 20th of May came rather quick, but here I am in Sweden exploring a new way of life and having much of a culture shock. I decided to make a blog upon my handome Father's request. Most people blog about things they see, but I feel like I might be better at expressing what the hell goes through my head as I explore this beautiful foreign country. So just warning you b4 you read...this is not rated PG, but I would love for you to jump on my bike and enjoy the ride of a life time!

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm
The BEST Swedish girl around

Sunday, June 13, 2010

“My family vacations were softball tournaments, but when I throw a perfect game it's worth it.” -Jenni Finch


Hellooooo from Sweden. I just got back from a walk. It was pouring down rain, and it was so fun. Only in America does society shut down when its raining. Their were just as many kids, walkers, bikers, people in general out. I came back soaked, and had ice cream with Karen. YUMMM!!!

Now we get to review the weekend:
Friday: (last day school events as written about before) Then Matilda texted me and invited me along for taco dinner with the girls and a movie> So we got ready, Matilda, me, Gabbi, Maria, Elin, Sophia, and Mattias all met at the grocery store, got the items necessary for a delish dinner, went to Elins chopped up the veggies, had ground beef, and had a lovely dinner! SO GOOD!! About 6:40, Matilda, Maria, and I decided that instead of the movie we wanted to go downtown for a fun night. The liqour store closes at 7, so we raced there JUST IN TIME to get the goods to create havoc for the night! Went to Matilda's and got busy! Matilda's younger sister was throwing a party, so we went to the living room upstairs and had our fun. We had such a good time, danced the night away at the Enkoping club downtown, got a snack after, walked in the pouring rain, and made it home safely! It was a blast. So spontaneous, and I think that made it more fun.

Saturday: Slept in, woke up, had lunch. Then I went back down town with Karen, My, Tove, and some of the girls freinds to enjoy the dance show. It is common here to take dance classes just for fun. For enjoyment, and excersize...two words people dont do enough of in the states. It was great. Sophia was in the show and she did soo good, and Karens friend and collegue was alos in the performance. After the dance show I rode with Karen to take My to her fathers house. It was a nice ride! Then we chatted it up on the way home. Karen is so open and I like that. Divorce must be hard. I cant imagine seeing the father of my kids be with someone else- that just breaks my heart. Karen makes it work though!

Ok then we came home, and had Cheese, crackers, and wine before dinner. Then for dinner we had some pork loin, salad, avacado, bread with cream cheese, and this cream cheese/cheese side. (im not sure what else was in it, but it was SO good)

Then I came to bed. I got to skype my dad before I went to sleep. That was nice because I missed him on the computer earlier when I saw mom and taylor. He was doing work, and I got to hear the "Good luck tomorrow, play well, throw hard." Thats what he always says to me. I didnt realize, but I always say that to my pitching students too. haha. like Father like daughter.

Sunday: Woke up, got my stuff together, biked down to the field...got the field ready for the games. and played! I pitched a no hitter/perfect game- pretty exciting. Even though the teams arent as good as the states- I would say hitting sometimes is about luck. They just swing where you throw it, and the ball goes where the defense isnt. I've given up more hits that way then throwing fat pitches. But anyways... I thought it was kind of cool. It's like one day your complaining about missing your highschool boyfriends basketball game, or missing a girls sleepover when your 15 for pitching practice...but then somedays-you break a record, or you might even throw a perfect game---and the basketball game/sleepover wasnt that important after all. That is kind of how life works though. What seems so important at the time, will explain itself one day. It's like pay back kind of. Well thats what i believe anyways. I am no psychology major or anything though, so I wouldnt hang on my word or anything. But it helps me get through the day!

Ok well after the games, we had home made pizza, and hung out! then went walking in the rain, and here I am.

The team we played against was from Stockholm- after the game they invited me to come play with them in the European Cupp. They qualified for the tournament last year because they won the league? or maybe they just won some tournament? I am not really sure, but I gave them my email, so I guess we will see. That means I might get to go to Turkey!

Lets see..i clipped my nails today, i have 3 million bug bites, and i miss taking naps in my dads recliner! I dont think any other life altering events went on. Tomorrow, I am thinking of taking a trip to the candy store- I am sure yall are shocked.

I love yall, and I will talk to yall this week!
Just remember ur sacrafices today, could reward you with a perfect game tomorrow!
"work hard, play harder"
Shann
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment