“We all think we’re going to be great and we feel a little bit robbed when our expectations aren’t met. But sometimes expectations sell us short. Sometimes the expected simply pales in comparison to the unexpected. You got to wonder why we cling to our expectations, because the expected is just what keeps us steady. Standing. Still, the expected’s just the beginning, the unexpected is what changes our lives.”-Meredith Grey
That was the title of my blog, but it was too long to put in the "title" section. It doesnt go along with the theme of this blog (warning you) its just a good quote. Monday tuesday and Wednesday have not been that exciting, but I liked that quote, and I have been watching Grey's Anatomy season 6 online, and I think there are alot of good quotes and good "lessons" in the show. Besides the fact there is alot of good looking doctors to for eye candy. I need to find me one of them :)
Monday, I went to this little town outside of Enkoping with the girls. It starts with a V, but Im not sure how to pronounce it, or spell it...so sorry! Let ya down...it wont b the last time i let you down though, so dont get too upset. We looked around, shopped around. It was relaxing. Then practice that night.
Tuesday was fun because My and I woke up and biked to the field. We met our new teammate Amanda there. (Amanda is not new to the team, but she just started getting back into softball from last season beacuse she schools far away to play hockey) Amanda wants to learn how to be a catcher, and since Enkoping only has one catcher it is smart for us to teach someone else too. My wants to start to pitch, and they both asked me to coach them at 10:00 AM on Tuesday. So there we were. Both no experience, both didnt know anything. Where do you start? The first thing I told them was this: "No matter what, (in softball, life, work, family) you cannot get discouraged or scared to fail. You are deciding today to do something new and unfamiliar, and the result of that is failure before success." I dont know if that is the first thing they wanted to hear, but I think its important that we start teaching this generation that theyre not as great as their parents tell them. haha. So anyways. My was great...So was Amanda. My managed to throw a ball over the back stop. I was worreid when her lesson was almost over and not one ball had gone over the back stop. All my pitching students have done it, and they have all turned out to be class act pitchers, so I needed her to do this...it was kind of like a superstition sort of thing. haha, but she didn't fail me, so I assume she will be great too! I know most of you might not know that much about pitching or catching so u can go face book stalk for the next few sentences...but by the end of the lesson, My knew how to get to balance, snap, push, and keep a long arm. Amanda knew how to bock correctly, how to throw over the top, how to kick her feet instead of drag them, and how to keep her elbow down. So it was a good little session. Tomorrow at 2 we will meet again!
I find such gratification in seeing these girls develop skills they had NO idea were possible. I think when I leave here if they all know how to sprint, and kick their feet around I will be satisfied. Ok so then I had My do a leg workout on the field, and sprints on the soccer field. I did it all with her, but I told her if she wanted to be a pitcher, she was going to have condition to be one too. She did good! so then we rode bikes home...chilled, I watched some Greys, then I biked to Gansta Forest, which is basically the forest Enkoping is built in, I ran the 5KM track throught the forest, biked home...I spent the night at Maria's with Matilda.
Maria lives on a farm. It is really nice though! She plays the guitar and sings, so she played some for us...she is SOOO good. It reminded me of when my dad used to sing us to sleep playing James Taylor. I want to learn.
Then we watched 2 movies, one was scary, and one was hilarious!!!!! It was so funny, I laughed my ass off, but im sure that comes as no surprise because it doesnt take much to make me laugh. The problem is....i forgot the names of the movies! I am so bad with names- i get it from my Dad-SORRY!!! I will let yall know what they were tomorrow so yall can rent them! We had ficka and homemade "buns" aka cinnimon rolls. They were home made from Matilda's mom and sister (if i remember correctly) and they were delish! so yum! oh we also had candy.... so basically it was the perfect night for me. haha. candy, girls, movies, laughing. righttt up my alleyyy!
came home today, went to the beach/lake, laid out, got some sun, had lunch there with the girls, came home, went to practice, ate dinner, biked to the track with Maria, ran, then ran hills. biked home. Maria told me I was a good "rabbit". she said that means I pushed her. She said she was seeing black and white we had run so hard, and she was so glad i pushed her to that state of mind she had never been to. So i told her she was a good "tail". She's a tough cookie, she would be out of breath and said she wanted to throw up, and then say "ok what now coach" hahaha. She also taught me how to run down a hill in a way that works your hamstrings. Her cousin that plays soccer taught her. (i might have made up the cousin part, it might be someone else, but we will go with cousin)
Ok so then we biked home. I GOT TO SEE MY DAD!! i was excited, we talked ball ofcourse, got caught up, and i noticed we both sit on the screen talking, and biting away at our cutical. haha. its so funny. It was great to see him. He had to go for a conference call though, which was understandable..."time is money"
Well, I know it was boring, but just updating yall on what the hell im doing over here in Sweden. I hope you enjoy the quote. I thought it was really great- I love yall and I miss yall so much!
"work hard, play harder"
Shann
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment