From American Screwballs to Swedish Meatball...this is life

The 20th of May came rather quick, but here I am in Sweden exploring a new way of life and having much of a culture shock. I decided to make a blog upon my handome Father's request. Most people blog about things they see, but I feel like I might be better at expressing what the hell goes through my head as I explore this beautiful foreign country. So just warning you b4 you read...this is not rated PG, but I would love for you to jump on my bike and enjoy the ride of a life time!

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm

My sister and I in Old Town Stockholm
The BEST Swedish girl around

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

“The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.”-Dale Carnegie

Hello readers! How is the day treating yall? I currently just got in from rollerblading. Yes, I am crazy for going out on the blades again, but...well..thats just it...IM CRAZY. None the less, I took the blades out for a spin. I coached this morning, watched some Greys Anatomy, Biked to the beach, biked home, ate dinner, and went roller blading with Wilma and Kristen. Wilma is 12, she brought the dog. More of an audience so I can show off my skills. I think thats why she came, to see me do some unathletic crash. Well she got a run for her money... exact same hill as last time. Kristen turns the corner, and does what any good friend would do. Recaps my fall the last time I headed down this hill. I told her it was no big deal, and I was going to pizza wedge my way down this time. So she said ok...she went ahead of me, and Wilma was behind me with Ludde. No one on the bike path. It was going to be great, I set myself up for success.

Or so I thought...I start going down the hill, everything was great, Then the speed starts to come in...I start screaming...Kristen is ahead of me video taping...WHAT IN THE HELL? I come to the same spot as last time, about to hit the intersection and I bail in the grass...meanwhile Kristen went first to tape me, and Wilma stayed back so i wouldnt kill the dog. It was all planned, BUT it was hilarious. I do not have the guts to put the film on blog yet due to the fact that I had been at the beach all day, have no make up on, and wasnt prepared for camera...but if i grow a pair...I will share my blading skills with yall.

So after the fall, I only had one more accident. I didnt fall though, I stayed on my feet...Wilma had the dog on the leash. They were to the left front of me. We start down a small hill..NO BIG DEAL. I start going faster, I start screaming, the dog(ludde) cuts in front of me to the right on the grass, i start picking up more speed. I have Wilma to my left, the dog to my right...and the leash DIRECTLY INFRONT OF ME. so i latch on to the leash and continue picking up speed...pulling Wilma on her blades, and dragging the poor dog on his ass all the way down the hill with me. It was hysterical.

So this is where my quote comes in. I guess I thought I was going to figure it the blading thing out as I was going down the hill. I thought i was going to master the hill, but i had No plan, I took the exact same plan of attack and did the same thing...zoomed down the hill, with a diving land at the end. I need a new plan, a different way to do this...(if i am going to continue to roller blade)

That was pretty much my day! Today after day care, Louisa fell asleep on the couch before dinner while I was at the beach. So when they woke her up for dinner, it was too late. All hell broke loose. She ate, but then was not tired any more to go to sleep. So from the time I got home, until the time I left for my blading excursion she cried/screamed in her room. She was yelling for her dad, "Papa" and she was telling Karen and I that she was going to move out of the house. haha it was hilarious.

Tomorrow I am going running, and going back to the beach for some sun, then giving pitching lesson prior to practice, and then practice.

I wanted to share my adventure today...maybe I will upload the video another time. its embarrassing, and extremely unathletic...none the less a good laugh.

I hope yalls week is going good, and you are staying cool during the summer. I am enjoying my 70 degree weather (be jealous please, it makes me feel good)
I love yall
"work hard, play harder"
Shann
#1 on the field, #1 in your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment